Capitol Scholars Excel
For the last eight weeks we’ve been talking about changes that we are making at Capitol to heighten the experience of our scholars while they are here. We want to take a moment to show you some of the statistics behind these changes, and brag on the work that our scholars are doing. It is because of their hard work, along with the support of our dedicated teams, that our scholars are excelling in the following areas:
* In the 2015-16 school year, 17 seniors earned dual enrollment credits in addition to their high school diplomas
* The class of 2017 brought us our third consecutive year of a higher graduation rate than other area high schools
* We currently have a 100% college acceptance rate record in our graduating classes
* More than 90% of our scholars graduate on time
* Since 2016 our seniors have collectively earned $3.5 million in scholarships
When working towards goals we often forget to take a moment to celebrate the victories along the way. It is imperative that we celebrate our scholars for the hard work they are putting in. They are cooperating with us and trusting us to provide them with the tools to be successful, for that we thank them. We also would be remiss if we failed to acknowledge the parents and community members that encourage our scholars outside of the classroom. Together, we are making success happen!